Primary Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Respond and follow-up on facility issues and schedule service requests
- Manage, support and dispatch facilities requests
- Provide reception duties
- Maintain and distribute, security badges, ID cards and visitor access
- Coordinate with the building management and the landlord to ensure building services and maintenance are appropriately provided
- Manage Employee and contractor on-boarding and seating assignments
- Manage Health and safety program; emergency response team and administrative services, evacuation kits and emergency supplies. (might include after-hours work on occasion for office emergencies)
- Provide vendor management; procurement, equipment maintenance agreements, office suppliers, courier accounts, kitchen services and shipping and delivery services, maintain annual budget
- Order and reconcile supplies, budget tracking
- Update Office Operational and Reception Manuals with the current policies and/or processes
- Manage space planning - monitor space needs, plan layout changes and oversee additional work space/construction/maintenance work as necessary
- Coordinate with local vendors and US IT team on network infrastructure and equipment update
- Manage improvement projects; reconfigurations, refresh and on-going facility maintenance
- Provide support for special projects as assigned by manager
- Facilitate and communicate electronically and verbally information as it pertains to the company, office and personnel.
- Manage event logistics which include:
- Menu selection and guarantees, AV, rentals, hotel room blocks, recruiting and confirming volunteers, on-site event support, data entry and other production elements including set up, tear down
Supporting entire employee lifecycle from onboarding to offboarding
- Onboarding – provide new support for new hire processing
- Offboarding – provide support for HR and payroll process; asset collection, certificates and letters, as needed
- Assist with travel planning
- Work with HR and employees as adhoc needs arise
- Coordinate with the payroll vendor as needed
- Assist with provision of supporting letters and visa applications
- Coordinate with US HR for issues/questions from employees as primary point of contact for Japan.
- Coordinate corporate registration and shareholder meetings
- Keep the corporate seal, track its usage and report/get approval from the company auditor in the UK
- 3 - 5 years' experience as office manager.
- Bilingual fluency: English and Japanese with ability to translate documents, as needed.
- Applies company policies and procedures to resolve issues
- Facilities and Project management experience
- People management skills
- Ability to work closely and professionally with Management including all levels throughout the organization, and external suppliers.
- Vendor Management and Contract negotiation skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills including working knowledge of the following: Windows OS and MS Office.
- Fundamentals in accounting including understanding of project planning and budgeting.
- Professional personal presentation
- Attention to detail