Guidewire is going through major change as we transition to be a cloud company. As our Sr. Director, Learning and Organizational Development you will be focused on three primary areas: Organizational Effectiveness, Leader Effectiveness and Learning & Development.
What you’ll do in the role:
- Play a mission critical role to facilitate organizational success, by aligning structural, cultural and strategic realities of work to respond to the needs of our ever-evolving business. This entails optimizing org design, making structure decisions, enabling change and identifying aligned processes, skills and attitudes that are required to make the design work and ultimately lead to higher business performance.
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop change management strategies and plans, help coach business leaders to fulfill their role of change sponsor and support project teams in integrating change management activities to their project plans.
- Grow authenticity in our leadership, respecting our leader’s unique personalities and natural styles – steered by the effective use of psychometrics, you’ll enable clear-sightedness that engenders strong leadership, clarity of goals and inspired teams that accomplish our mission.
- Drive Global professional, leadership and management development programs and solutions for all lines of business, adapting only as needed for regional application. Bring a bias for leveraging global content, building locally as needed.
- Design, develop, deliver and evaluate bespoke training programs. Designed with leadership, management, business and personal progression and best practice in mind, expand on the talents and soft skills across all employees at all levels within Guidewire, to drive sustained business performance and increased employee engagement and productivity.
- Grow the HR teams learning and OD capabilities to support existing initiatives and help translate the identified key learning and organizational priorities into effective learning solutions and org design.
- Longer-term, manage solutions for building leadership pipeline and high potential development; apply structured methods for analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation of all leadership and organization development solutions.
- Manage and provide oversight of our employee communications strategies/programs.
What you’d need to succeed:
- Prior experience in a similar role and global business context.
- Strong presence and ability to influence and coach executives.
- Effective leadership, inter-cultural, communication and facilitation skills to engage employees at all levels and often, virtual locations.
- Strong client relational and management skills
- Demonstrated ability to contract with business leaders and HR partners.
- Proven success working on major global organizational design and change management.
- Agile, critical and strategic thinking skills, with strong focus on service excellence, efficiency, accuracy and effective project/stakeholder/relationship skills.
- In depth knowledge of people strategy, HR Business Partnering and Talent Management.
- Learning content design and development skills to curate engaging customized learning programs.
- Flexible and able to manage all L&OD activities end-to-end for a global organization as required.
- Passion for tracking metrics and sharing value-add, proven success scaling a L&OD function.
- Experience managing and building L&OD capabilities in the HR Team.
- Experienced and capable of transforming the complex issues into simple, easily understandable solutions, without over complicating things
- Comfortable operating in an often ambiguous and ever-changing environment – can manage and operate within the “gray”
- Demonstrated willingness to step outside of defined role to assume greater challenges and/or develop new skills
- Willingness to travel
Required Qualifications and Experience
You should hold a relevant Bachelor’s degree in OD or equivalent professional knowledge gained through the significant experience working as an OD specialist or as an HR generalist with an OD focus; be educated to advanced degree level in the behavioral sciences area and have a minimum 5 years management experience leading a strategic OD/L&D function.
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.