As Senior General Ledger Accountant, you will support the monthly and quarterly accounting close process and work closely with the Senior Accounting Manager and other team members to create accurate and timely consolidated financial reporting in accordance with US GAAP.
Based out of Guidewire Software’s, Foster City office, you will be responsible for prepaids, balance sheet and intercompany account reconciliations, consolidations activity, accounting processes including accounting for operating leases. This also includes analysis of the intercompany accounts, FX gains and losses and other balance sheet accounts.
The ideal candidate should have strong communication skills, relationship building and collaboration, judgment, team work, and the ability to work with various partners to build and maintain strong working relationships with all our international and domestic accounting team members
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform General Accounting functions, including operation of the general ledger system, create and upload journal entries, month-end close work and account reconciliations for various accounts.
- Perform financial statements analytics and provide relevant explanations for fluctuations.
- Responsible for reconciling accounts on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Assist in preparing quarterly review and annual audit schedules for SEC Reporting and external auditors, including future operating lease payment obligations schedule.
- Assist with adoption of ASC 842 new lease accounting standard.
- Interface with external auditors to ensure audit requests are delivered on schedule.
- Supply information and provide support to other functions within the Guidewire organization.
- Prepare and manage Guidewire’s monthly accruals, in partnership with the Financial Planning and Analysis team to ensure proper month end cutoff and capturing of expenses
- Responsible for assigned intercompany account reconciliations and intercompany invoicing.
- Assist in annual SOX compliance efforts such as financial reporting walkthroughs with the external auditors.
- Prepare CapEx schedules and amortization schedules and perform expense reasonableness analysis
- Facilitate business process improvements and initiatives; bring best practice to accounting function such as updating corporate accounting methodology and desktop procedures
Required Experience and Qualifications
- 7+ years prior accounting experience in a multi-national publicly traded company.
- Experience using Oracle Fusion or similar size ERP
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business from an accredited institution.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface cross functionally within the organization and outside vendors
- Must have attention to detail and sound analytical skills, ability to interpret/communicate financial information.
- Experience working in a global accounting environment.
- Team-oriented & flexible, must be able to work closely with all levels of management.
- Business process improvement focus required to drive deployment of world class processes.
- Must work well under pressure and be good at meeting deadlines
- Ability to evaluate priorities and multi-task accordingly.
- Ability to work on complex issues that require in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Ability to exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results on new and ad hoc assignments
- A proactive nature to help embed process improvement and the ability to work closely with other functions are key attributes.
- CPA or equivalent is preferred but not required.
- Experience with Technology sector or “Big 4” public accounting experience is preferred.
- International experience a plus.
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.